Badis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Port Conflict

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using Silktest 16.5, and I have a conflict port problem,

Silktest is using port 7000, and i have another application using the same port and it doesn't work when silktest is running,

I want to know how to change the default port number for silktest, I check on the microfocus documentation I find :

- Configuring the Port that the Silk Test Client Uses to Connect to Silk Test Recorder

- Configuring the Port that Clients Use to Connect to the Information Service

- Configuring the Port that the Silk Test Client or the Test Application Uses to Connect to the Open Agent

I try to change but silktest still use port 7000. 

is there a way to change this to use another port ??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Port Conflict

Jump to solution

Hi Badis,  your query regading the port number of SIlk Test Workbench is currently being investigated in the support incident recently openend.  Going forward, please direct communication to the support incident relating to this issue.

Many thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Badis

When the Open Agent starts a random available port is assigned to it and the Silk Test Recorder. The one component of the Open Agent which has a default port number, is the Silk Test Information Service which is 22901 (although this can be configured via the steps outlined in the Help). Therefore if your application is started prior to starting Silk Test and the Open Agent then you should in theory not encounter a port conflict.

You can also verify what other Silk Test services and processes are running on which ports by entering the following URL into a browser: localhost/portmanagement

If this does not help then please download the tool tcpview: technet.microsoft.com/.../tcpview.aspx and identify which Silk Test process (i.e “Open Agent.exe, Partner.exe, SilkTest.exe”, etc) is running on port 7000 or if this is not possible use the necessary netstat command instead.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Badis,  your query regading the port number of SIlk Test Workbench is currently being investigated in the support incident recently openend.  Going forward, please direct communication to the support incident relating to this issue.

Many thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Badis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jhon

the process that is running on port 7000 is Silktest.exe, and I can't find how to configure it to use another port,

I just found how to configure Silk Test Recorder, Information Service and the Open agent

Thank you,

Badis

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Badis

You are correct, SilkTest.exe does use the local port 7000 and I can confirm it is not possible to change this port number at present. I am also aware that this request has been raised within support, therefore moving forward we will respond to you via via your support incident regarding progressing this issue.

Thanks

John

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Forum update

Silk Test development team provided customer with an enhancement that allows you to configure the port used by SilkTest.exe, customer has confirmed that this issue has been resolved.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.