DanV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording a script against SilkTest, possible?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have some repetative work to do with my scripts, is it possible to automate using silktest, against silktest itself?

This may have been asked before bu i could not find it.

-Dan

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Recording a script against SilkTest, possible?

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

It is not possible to use Silk Test to record itself.

May I ask what are the repetitive steps you are wishing to automate as there may be an alternative method.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

It is not possible to use Silk Test to record itself.

May I ask what are the repetitive steps you are wishing to automate as there may be an alternative method.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
DanV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

1. uncheck base state

2. create a new main with args.

3. add new parameters.

4. copy in code blocks from outside. for executing new base state.

5. create new script reference

6. import a new namesapace

each of these are pretty easy. i know, i just wondered if there was a settung that can be toggled.

-Dan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

I assume you are using Silk Test Workbench, if so, why not simply create a .Net Script that has all these attributes and name it as (something like) template, then all you need to do is to open the script and use File | Save As to save it to a newly named script (or duplicate it from the Asset Browser).

//*eggbox
0 Likes
DanV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Eggbox, that i've already done and its very useful. I think thats the best that can be done with the above answer.

-Dan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.