Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
AaronK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

STW.exe Task Scheduler Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a batch file set to run multiple instances of STW.exe (one per test case).  Manually executing the batch works perfectly.  All test cases run and successfully conduct their testing scripts.  I tried to create a Microsoft Windows scheduled task to run the batch file.  The scheduled task executes the batch and attempts to execute the STW.exe commands however this error is returned for each STW.exe (test case):

“Failed to create the Silk Test COM object. Check that the COM object has been registered. Note that running Silk Test.exe registers the COM object.”

The task scheduler works perfectly and the batch executes perfectly.  The only problem is that the script in the STW.exe does not run.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: STW.exe Task Scheduler Error

Jump to solution
Task Scheduler puts up its own cmd window which is known to upset the running of Silk Test from a batch file because the batch file window is set to the background. Instead of using Task Scheduler, try using Windows Powershell instead -

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../
0 Likes
4 Replies
AaronK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

*NOTE*

The aforementioned error is the standard error levels of the STW.exe. the specifics on the error levels can be found here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Aaron

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Task Scheduler puts up its own cmd window which is known to upset the running of Silk Test from a batch file because the batch file window is set to the background. Instead of using Task Scheduler, try using Windows Powershell instead -

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../
0 Likes
AaronK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have decision logic embedded in the batch file in which I am running the STW.exe. Are you saying to use powershell to run the batch or to use powershell to run the STW.exe?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Use Powershell to launch the batch file.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.