Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Silk Test clicks & types wrong locators when Screen resolution changes

We have search feature and several filtering options in Telerik grid. We have locators in our excel sheet and they work fine.

But when I change from screen resolution from 1600*900 to to 1024*720 , SilkTest clicks and types at wrong places in Telerik Grid and search does not happen.

We are using Virtual machine and when we connect from Laptop(1600*900) and run same test case it works fine but we login from different machine with different screen resolution and run same test case , it fails.

We are using SilkTest 17.5

Any ideas ?

Tokci

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Silk Test clicks & types wrong locators when Screen resolution changes

Hi Tokci

From reading your description if sounds like the click actions performed against the Telerik grid are performed based on the coordinates relative to the actual grid window as opposed to the individual controls within the grid. Therefore if the resolution has decreased in size the clicks will not be executed in the same place as the grid size has changed.

Have you tried setting the VM machine screen resolution to 1600x900 and not logging in via RDP but using VNC or RadAdmin instead to access the machine, as this may ensure that the VM settings remain the same size.

Thanks
John
0 Likes
Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are not able to use VNC as its not allowed. I re-ran second time it clicked at correct places though and failed somewhere else . If I run again I not sure it will click at correct place.
0 Likes
Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What kind of issue do we expect when screen resolution changes ? as we are getting lot issues not i.e Same test case works in one machine but not in other , majorly because of screen resolution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.