Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Silk4J Unable to run Test with updated application

Silk4J is no longer able to run the java application that is being tested.  The application was patched but, the developers say the only thing updated was a configuration file ...

I reinstalled Silk Test and the application being tested but, no luck with either one.

In True Log I get -

XXX_Silktest.xlg

Script XXX_Test.java

Test Caes Main

Before Method baseState

Unable to find object - Error: time out expired after launching application.  The requested object "xxx" was not found within the timeout of 30 seconds.

Call Stack shows - baseState.execute(desktop)

I edited the application configuration.  Deleted the old entry and added a new one.

Also right after I start a command window pops open and immediately closes.  I have tried to catch it but have had no luck.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Silk4J Unable to run Test with updated application

Hi JimP,

It sounds like your BaseState information may not be correct based on the command window that opens and then immediately closed.

If you manually launch your application and then try to execute your Silk4J tests, do the tests work?

As you are testing a Java application, it is possible that there is some dynamic information in the command line pattern. Can you edit your existing application configuration, clear the command line pattern and verify if this has any effect on the problem?

-Robert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.