AJB2011 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkTest 14.0 (Classic) and Firefox 20 and 20.1

Jump to solution

Hello,

SilkTest 14.0 was installed yesterday.  I also upgraded to Firefox 20 and 20.1.  When I run a test on my PC or the execution server, Firefox does not navigate to the url for my application's login page.  Firefox will eventually crash.  I was wondering if anyone had ran into this. 

The old version of Firefox was uninstalled before the new version was installed.  I have gone through all the trouble shooting that I can think of (restart PC, clear cache, start Firefox in safe mode, etc). I have been reviewing crash reports in Firefox to find a solution and have not at this time.

The latest version of Java (7 update 25) is running on the execution server and my PC.

Please let me know if there is a known fix.

Thank you,

Amy

PS.  Where can you find a download of Firefox 21? 

Thank you,

Amy

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: SilkTest 14.0 (Classic) and Firefox 20 and 20.1

Jump to solution

hi,

maybe it's worth raising this as an support incident.

just to make sure: i assume you have updated and worked already against previous versions of FF? so this is an OpenAgent project (you can make sure that the correct agent is selected in the toolbar of Silk Test classic)? Only the OpenAgent supports testing Firefox.

kind regards,

ulrich

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Matthias Steinkogler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Amy,

As far as we are aware FF20 should work fine. If not, please raise a support incident.

As for FF21, unfortunately Mozilla makes it quite hard to get old releases, so I usually grab them from oldapps.com.

Kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

hi,

maybe it's worth raising this as an support incident.

just to make sure: i assume you have updated and worked already against previous versions of FF? so this is an OpenAgent project (you can make sure that the correct agent is selected in the toolbar of Silk Test classic)? Only the OpenAgent supports testing Firefox.

kind regards,

ulrich

0 Likes
Highlighted
Matthias Steinkogler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Amy,

As far as we are aware FF20 should work fine. If not, please raise a support incident.

As for FF21, unfortunately Mozilla makes it quite hard to get old releases, so I usually grab them from oldapps.com.

Kind regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
AJB2011 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, Firefox was working in the past with SilkTest 13.5 and FF 17.  I am running the Open Agent and it is selected in the toolbar.  I will be entering a support incident.

Thank you

Thank you,

Amy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.