emendez1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkTest Workbench

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a perfectly functioning project in Workbench - it is created in the Common Project. I would like to move all the assets to a new project and get it to work from this new project in Workbench. I am able to move all assets to the new project; however, any condition that uses an Active Data element by the time I move it to the new project changes the name of the condition to [Common].[name of the Active Data].Condition.... I can remove the [Common] manually in all conditions but it is a lot of work. Is there a way to avoid it to add the [Common] prefix to all my conditions when I move the Visual Test?

Thanks,

Ernesto

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: SilkTest Workbench

Jump to solution

Hello Ernesto,

unfortunately you will have to do this manually.

Best Regards,

Basilios Will
Technical Author

Micro Focus

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Ernesto,

unfortunately you will have to do this manually.

Best Regards,

Basilios Will
Technical Author

Micro Focus

0 Likes
JohnLy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Ernesto,

Which version of Silk Test are you using?

As in Silk Test 18.5, if you duplicate the “Common” project then all associated assets, including “Active Data” files are copied into the new project and referenced locally. Therefore if you open the Visual Test within the "CommonCopy" project, the Visual Test will automatically load the associated Active Data file which will also have been copied across rather than make a reference to the original active data file from the "Common" project. Therefore in this instance when you open the Visual Test Properties you will see under the "condition" section

ActiveData "Name of Active Data file"
Project "(local) CommonCopy”

I would also clarify that any additional expression conditions within the Visual Test which reference Active Data File they will now reference the local copied across Active Data file. So in essence your Visual Test should execute without requiring any modification. If it does not then please log a support incident and we can provide further detailed guidance.

Finally I would also like to make you aware that in Silk Test 19.0 we have added enhanced functionality for referencing and managing projects. For example, if we consider referencing projects, you can create a new project let’s name it "Project A" which references the "Common" project including all assets within it such as Active Data files. Thus meaning you can use existing assets from the Common project or from within any other referenced project within your new project. There is also no longer a requirement to maintain the Common project meaning that it can be deleted or renamed.

Silk Test 19.0 is due for release in the summer.

Thanks,
John
0 Likes
emendez1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi John,

Thank you for your clear explanation! I am using Workbench 18.0 - which does not copy (or duplicate) the projects from the Common to any other project as you indicate, it keeps the reference back to the Common project for all expressions that use Active Data; so I guess my solution is to upgrade to 18.5
Looking forward for Workbench 19.0!
Ernesto
0 Likes
emendez1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for your answer!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.