mch13 Contributor.
Contributor.

Test scripts execution on different browser(s)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recorded a visual test script using Silk Test v 18.5/Chrome. I have Silk central setup and script playback works as intended on the execution server.

How do I execute the same script using FF, IE on Silk Central?

Do I have to create a duplicate script with different Application configuration?  

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Test scripts execution on different browser(s)

Jump to solution

Hi,

It's possible to redirect the Application Configuration in the Visual Test and run it against a different browser; by setting the 'silkTest.configurationName' Environment Variable through the Execution Plan Properties:

The variable should be set to one of the following:

Firefox

GoogleChrome

InternetExplorer

Edge

Safari

You might also want to look into the possibility of creating Configuration Suites in Silk Central, which allows you to run tests across multiple browsers. Further information on this can be found in the Silk Central Help documentation.

Regards...

JohnM.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

It's possible to redirect the Application Configuration in the Visual Test and run it against a different browser; by setting the 'silkTest.configurationName' Environment Variable through the Execution Plan Properties:

The variable should be set to one of the following:

Firefox

GoogleChrome

InternetExplorer

Edge

Safari

You might also want to look into the possibility of creating Configuration Suites in Silk Central, which allows you to run tests across multiple browsers. Further information on this can be found in the Silk Central Help documentation.

Regards...

JohnM.

0 Likes
mch13 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for the screenshot, it helped.

This https://community.microfocus.com/borland/test/silk_central/f/ post helped me for creating configuration suite.

I wish microfocus has more visual information in the Help documentation.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.