Highlighted
XsiSec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TextField already exists in Objectmap

Hello Everyone,

I am using Silk4Net with Rumba Desktop (9.5), Since we are using Mainframe (3270).

In Mainframe we have different Screens/pictures.

When I add textfield for instance from Screen "A" into my objectmap.

example below:

Item Name Locator Path
StartCommand //RumbaTextField[2]

Then when I go to Screen "B" add another textfield, into my objectmap

the program says the Item name & Locator Path already exists,

Could someone help me 

Thank you in advance

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: TextField already exists in Objectmap

Hello,

Silk Test does not distinguish between different screens in a Rumba application, in your example between screen A and screen B, in regards to the object map. This means that if you have two screens with the same control (same item name and locator), and you want to distinguish the two controls in the object map, you will need to manually add a second entry to the object map with a different item name.

However, your tests should just replay without adding this second entry to the object map, and you can ignore the message about the new entry not being added to the object map.

Basilios Will
Technical Author

Micro Focus

0 Likes
XsiSec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Will,
The thing is there are different controllers different on different locations.

Could I show you over skype?

Thank you in advance
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please file a support incident for this issue, so that one of our support engineers can have a closer look at it.

Basilios Will
Technical Author

Micro Focus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.