Mahi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to see chrome in Browser

Jump to solution

Hi, I am currently not seeing chrome browser under the 'Web' tab in the application configuration. My Colleague advised me that silk test only supports chrome v56, but the one I am using is v65 and I am unable to downgrade.

Can you please help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Unable to see chrome in Browser

Jump to solution
Hi Mahi,

You will likely need to upgrade to SilkTest 19.5 before you can test Chrome 65; because SilkTest 17.5 only supports Chrome up to version 54(or v.56 if you install Hotfix 01).

Regards...

JohnM.
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mahi,

Silk Test searches for the Chrome installation in the Windows registry at the following places:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\chrome.exe
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\chrome.exe

For example, on my machine after installing Chrome I can find it here in the registry:

So if Chrome does not show up for you, can either try to reinstall Chrome or just add the registry key (the one that is selected in the screenshot) manually via regedit.exe

Regards, Michael

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi

What version of Silk Test are you using?
0 Likes
Mahi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi [mention:0cf1575b9f86406fa5b296f97d142e66:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] , I am using Silk test Version 17.5.0.8682
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Mahi,

You will likely need to upgrade to SilkTest 19.5 before you can test Chrome 65; because SilkTest 17.5 only supports Chrome up to version 54(or v.56 if you install Hotfix 01).

Regards...

JohnM.
Mahi1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Ah.. Okay, Thank you for the clarification. Will try to do that.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.