Naoya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Which version of Java does Silk4J 18.0 support?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using Silk4J API to run my scripts. Actually, I imported silktest-jtf-nodeps.jar into my test project written in Java.

I'm wondering which version of Java should I use in that project.

Let me know if any guys know about it.

Again, I'd like to know which java version should I use to write test script and not for the SUT.

Regards,

Naoya

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Which version of Java does Silk4J 18.0 support?

Jump to solution
Hello! Sorry if I was being unclear – of course you can use either 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8.

Best regards,
Ralph
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Naoya!
The Silk Test JTF library is compiled with Java 6, so you can use any Java version starting from Java 6 for your tests.

Best regards,
Ralph

0 Likes
Naoya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for you reply, Ralph.

Does it mean I should use Java 1.6.xx?
Or is the library compatible with Java 1.7 and Java 1.8?

Regards,
Naoya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hello! Sorry if I was being unclear – of course you can use either 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8.

Best regards,
Ralph
0 Likes
Naoya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you, Ralph,

It might be a stupid question.
I know Java support such kind of situation. (we can use Java libraries which compiled with prior version of Java)

Thanks again.
Naoya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.