john_berman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows Save As dialog

Jump to solution

I'm using Silk Test Workbench, and am having trouble identifying a 'Save As' dialog that pops up when saving a download from the application I'm testing. When I click on the dialog during recording, it doesn't capture the screen preview. I've tried recapturing (identifying) from the application several times, but each time it doesn't save the screen preview.

Does anybody know what I should try next please?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Windows Save As dialog

Jump to solution

If there are no steps recorded at all when interacting with the dialog you could try creating a separate application configuration for the dialog.  In the visual test Start step go to the Application Configuration properties, click the "Select application to add its application configuration" button, and then select the dialog from the list... that should allow the dialog to be recognised.

0 Likes
3 Replies
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Have you tried inserting a Using step (Insert > Using), and also ensured that Steps & Screens are being displayed (View > Test Steps > Steps and Screens).

0 Likes
john_berman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi JohnG

Thanks for the advice, but still no joy. I've tried several ways of identifying the dialog box, but it still can't be recognised.

0 Likes
Highlighted
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If there are no steps recorded at all when interacting with the dialog you could try creating a separate application configuration for the dialog.  In the visual test Start step go to the Application Configuration properties, click the "Select application to add its application configuration" button, and then select the dialog from the list... that should allow the dialog to be recognised.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.