Admoz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Workbench issue - need workaround

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 August 2011]

I come across issue that when there is a ActiveX control (with MFC GUI) embedded in .NET form
Workbench doesn't recognize control types on this ActiveX control and always use general "Control"
when recording or playback. Same control in ActiveX is correctly recognized as Tree in MFC application
that embedded this ActiveX. If I know that control is "Tree" how can I force Workbench/Agent to threat it like "Tree"? I've tried to modify object map but it fail with object not found.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictorO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Workbench issue - need workaround

Jump to solution
Class-mapping of controls is only possible for WIN32 controls.

Do you have a sample of this application that we can test in-house? If so, I would recommend to log a support incident with Micro Focus supportline attaching the sample application and we will be able to ascertain whether it is possible to class map such a control.
0 Likes
1 Reply
VictorO Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Workbench issue - need workaround

Jump to solution
Class-mapping of controls is only possible for WIN32 controls.

Do you have a sample of this application that we can test in-house? If so, I would recommend to log a support incident with Micro Focus supportline attaching the sample application and we will be able to ascertain whether it is possible to class map such a control.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.