Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cannot do anything while silk test is running

Jump to solution

While running SilkTest(17.5) automated test cases we cannot do anything as if use mouse pointer ,the test will break.

What have others done for this issue ?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: cannot do anything while silk test is running

Jump to solution
Hi,

There is really no workaround for this behavior - SilkTest requires full control of the mouse and keyboard is order to execute lower level automated actions: such as mouse moves, presses and clicks - press and release keys etc. Basically anything that a real user can do. Taking manual control of the mouse while a test is running, will interrupt these actions and cause test failures.

Regards...

JohnM.
0 Likes
kannan3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This is a limitation of the tool. I had been using SIlkTest for a data upload purposes for applications. Since this rendered complete non-use of the machine for the duration of the tests, I have started to use Silk Performer on a server with agents. A positive side effect is that I have been able to reduce the duration of my tests to as much as 1/15th (since I used 15 agents) of the time I used to get when using Silktest on my local machine.!!

Have a go and let us know if this helps

- kannan

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi,

There is really no workaround for this behavior - SilkTest requires full control of the mouse and keyboard is order to execute lower level automated actions: such as mouse moves, presses and clicks - press and release keys etc. Basically anything that a real user can do. Taking manual control of the mouse while a test is running, will interrupt these actions and cause test failures.

Regards...

JohnM.
0 Likes
kannan3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This is a limitation of the tool. I had been using SIlkTest for a data upload purposes for applications. Since this rendered complete non-use of the machine for the duration of the tests, I have started to use Silk Performer on a server with agents. A positive side effect is that I have been able to reduce the duration of my tests to as much as 1/15th (since I used 15 agents) of the time I used to get when using Silktest on my local machine.!!

Have a go and let us know if this helps

- kannan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.