Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

Not a trusted SQL connection

Not a trusted SQL connection

After I create a SQL database and set up users in the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, then create ODBC connections for the users, I use the Database Maintenance utility to prepare the SQL Server database. When I attempt to open the database that I just created, why does the Database Maintenance utility ask for a Data Source? When I click Cancel, I receive a "Not a trusted SQL connection" error?

Creating a SQL database and users is described in the TestPartner Installation and Configuration Guide. The creation of the database only creates the database; it does not prepare the database for use with TestPartner. In the section of the guide titled "Creating a New SQL Server Database" it explicitly states that in addition to the procedures for creating a database, you must also populate the database with TestPartner tables using the Database Maintenance utility.

In the instructions for Preparing the SQL Server TestPartner Database, it explicitly states that you must open the Database Maintenance utility and select NEW Database from the File menu. If you select OPEN Database frm the File menu, the Database Maintenance utility asks for a Data Source, and if you click Cancel to that message, you will receive the "Not a trusted SQL connection" error.

Old KB# 10677

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 17:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.