Automated_JCH Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Event Window Explanations

After searching the the help documentation I've found very little explanation for the different types of Window Events. It may seem self explanatory, but it's really not. Is there more documentation for Active, Exits, and Focus Window Events? 

--

If you fail once try again. If you fail again try again. If you fail again call Microfocus. Smile

0 Likes
1 Reply
martin_home Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Event Window Explanations

Not sure is this is much help.

I have only occasionally  used Window events.Most of the time I code around what I want.

Whenever Window Exists

---------------------------------

I have however used a Whenever Window  Exists event for a window that randomly popped up at unpredictable times when running an app.  However the Whenever seemd to consume a lot of CPU power.

Window Active v Focus

-------------------------------

Occasionally I have the same window open multiple times OR the same window hidden and visible THEN  I  use Focus to predict which one I am interested in .

However I'm not sure TestPartner consistently knows the difference between Active (visible?) and Focus(in Focus). Basically I don't rely on TestPartner differentiating betwen the various window states and prefer to write my own functions(events).

p.s. For multiple windows I seem to remember there was a Z-Order variable which could be used.

Summary

-------------

Most of the time I don't usethe Event wizard

============================================================================

Text Events

---------------

I do sometimes use TEXT events  when the same window name has different warning messages. In that case I use a Text event to recognise the actual warning message.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.