nitin1438 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wait till the object is enabled

Hello there,

It seems that there is no activity in this group.

I'm facing a problem in my script when I execute it on a comparatively slower machine. It fails as it can not find the object on which it has to do the action (as the machine is slower, it takes time to load the objects).

I am wondering if there is any command which waits till the object on the window is enabled (Like Sync in QTP)? I Googled this and could not find any solution.

Any heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Wait till the object is enabled

Hi Nitin, have you tried using a TestPartner Event?  For example, create a Window event (choose Event from the TestPartner Insert menu and then select Window), identify the object in your application, select Active from the event list (because you want TestPartner to wait for the object to become Active), and choose Wait.  The new event will be created and the code to run the event will be inserted into the script.  During playback TestPartner will wait for the object to become active within the time period specified in the script.

0 Likes
nitin1438 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks JohnG,

I'll try this and post the results.

Nitin

0 Likes
Maggie2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Nitin & JohnG.

This is interesting solution but JohnG, is this feasible for multiple windows? I mean if any user want to check for many window/object in same script then how we can use a single window event?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.