Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. AVIJDAN Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Highlight and copy to excel

Hi there, 

I am currently working on a in-house android app, i need to highlight and copy a ticket number to an excel from the android app but seems like I am not able perform this action. Any suggestions.....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
JohnLy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Highlight and copy to excel

Hi Ali

Can you log a support incident at supportline@microfocus.com and we will see if we can provide a workaround.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks John, also the app itself is instrumented but i have a scenario where i had to take a picture and the screen shows non-instrumented and also i am not able to record and run either??? Support incident also fotr this one too or you can give me a quick answer :)

0 Likes
JohnLy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ali

To clarify, you cannot instrument the native/system components of Android. Therefore if your application uses certain native android components (for example the keyboard) then you cannot interact with the control using native recognition. Instead you will have to use image and in some cases text recognition to interact with such controls.

Regarding taking a picture, are you trying to automate using the camera? as I was able to take a picture on an Android device by using image recognition to interact with the camera controls.

Alternatively, if you mean something different then please clarify?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Rolandcharcker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hold on to your ticket number and copy the number. Then you can paste where ever you want. You can copy by holding your finger in writing area. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Holding on and copying the text/ticket number on the Android app that I am automating did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Ali V.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.