Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. AVIJDAN Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM_Screen Resolution Feature

Hi, 

How can I use SM to change the resolution if I am running the same scripts on two devices without involving HP UFT scripting, in my case Samsung Tab2 and Tab4?

Ali V.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: SM_Screen Resolution Feature

Hi Ali

Can you please elaborate further on what exactly you are trying to do? In your script, you declare the device(s) which you are testing against. The script should playback on any device for the same application. However, this may be affected if the application is extensively different between different screen devices such as phones and tablet, where the controls and layouts may be different. This would require custom scripting or different scripts to overcome such issues. It is not possible to change the device resolution. 

Unless you are using Image Recognition, the resolution should not affect playback if you are using scripting for NATIVE controls using their properties etc (xpath).

Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.