Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. AVIJDAN Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Signature field

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

I have a scenario where I have to sign in the e-signature field and then the "Save and Submit" button gets enabled. So far I am not able to find any signature command in Silk Mobile help section. Can anyone point me to the right direction.

Mobile OS: Android

SM Version: 9.2

Before E-Sign Screen

After E-Sign Screen

Ali V.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

RE: Signature field

Jump to solution

Hi John,

I already tried that option that you mentioned but "Event Recording" does not work on the signature field. However I was able to get the "Save & Submit" button enabled by trying something and it worked. I was able to recognize the signature text area and was able to click it. In the app that I am automating, it doesn't require a specific length for a signature so a simple click that puts a "period" on the field registers as a signature and enables the "save & submit" button.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

Ali V.

0 Likes
2 Replies
JohnLy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ali

There are no specific commands in Silk Test which allow you to perform the signing of a signature. What I would recommend in this type of scenario is to use "Event Recording" (this is accessible from the device menu). Once Event Recording is open, you can press the record button and then perform the signature actions on the Android device.

If the signature works on replay, then you can add the event to your test case.

Please let me know if this helps?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi John,

I already tried that option that you mentioned but "Event Recording" does not work on the signature field. However I was able to get the "Save & Submit" button enabled by trying something and it worked. I was able to recognize the signature text area and was able to click it. In the app that I am automating, it doesn't require a specific length for a signature so a simple click that puts a "period" on the field registers as a signature and enables the "save & submit" button.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

Ali V.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.