Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Wilmer_Silva Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cassandra and MongoDB are DB types supported by SIS 11.1x or 11.2x

Jump to solution

Hello all

Can you please tell me if NO SQL Databases  are supported by Sitescope, if possible to do some monitoring against NO SQL DB's.

I am interested in Casandra, MongoDB.

Thanks

Wilmer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Cassandra and MongoDB are DB types supported by SIS 11.1x or 11.2x

Jump to solution

Hello Gtodorov

so that means i can use the drivers same way as Cassandra drivers? What if the main requirement would be to have the DB Management piece to monitor the application?

Any comment on that?

Wilmer

0 Likes
11 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Wilmer,

As far as I know those doesn't offer JDBC connectivity so they will not work with SiS.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Since they are based on JSON, is there a way to monitor JSON?

Thanks

Wilmer

0 Likes
Battushi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

You can try to download JDBC Driver for Cassandra (https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/cassandra-jdbc/downloads/list)

Stop SiteScope Service and copy the .jar file into <SiteScope_Folder>\WEB-INF\lib

Database Connection URL: jdbc:cassandra://localhost:9170/Keyspace1

DataBase Driver: org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver

Unfortunately this driver is experimental Driver. That means, we cannot waranty his functionality.

For MongoDB I'm not able to found any consistent information... you can try to found information about MongoBD on http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/java/

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
gtodorov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Wilmer,

I'm a certified MongoDB DBA & Developer.

What exactly you would like to monitor? What metric ?

Where you see this data?

If you enable the web statistic pages then directly you can try the web url monitor.

What configuration/set are the MongoDB Servers?

Best Regards,

Georgi

Maybe you know this pages:

http://api.mongodb.org/

http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/java/

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks all for the assistance, it is very helpful. I am working on getting more details on the MongoDB Servers, as soon as I get that will let you know.

thanks

Wilmer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

BTW it is on the SiteScope roadmap to monitor these NoSQL and other, OOTB.

- Hemi

0 Likes
Sergey Persikov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Wilmer,

Depending on the metrics you need to monitor, you can use DB monitor (using JDBC driver), JMX monitor or Custom Java monitor there you can write minutirng logic by yourself and use 3rd pary jars to connect to Cassandra or MongoDB API, if required.

Regards,
Sergey
0 Likes
Absent Member.. DavidMolina_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Wilmer,

as you know, in SiteScope metrics document you can find the databases supported.

Thanks,

David

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
gtodorov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Wilmer,

Depending of the deployment of MongoDB you could have interest on different counters.
Some performance counters are exported to a web page by default.
Some internal pages with detailed information can be enabled from the MongoDB starting command.

If the counters are only visible internally then a Python + PyMongo driver can be easily used to report the data to SiS

Depending of the approach you might no need any drivers or JSON, just a Script or a URL monitor.

Best Regards,
Georgi

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi David

Thanks for mention the metric document, in fact it was the first place I  looked at, and there is no monitoring for those NO SQL OOB, Hemi mentioned that and I rised an ER last week btw. I believe i will take horizontal monitoring using alternatives based on URL and script monitoring.

People in charge of those DBs has been tied up, will follow up on requirements today.

Thanks

Wilmer

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Gtodorov

so that means i can use the drivers same way as Cassandra drivers? What if the main requirement would be to have the DB Management piece to monitor the application?

Any comment on that?

Wilmer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.