Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Arunhclite Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Database Query monitor - Trigger alert based on result

Hi,

We have configured a database query monitor and it is running successfully.

We need to know whether it is possible to trigger alert based on the results returned by the Query?

For Ex: The SQL query returns result as rows = 2  , so there should be 2 alerts triggered for the result. 

Hp Sitescope is Integrated with OMi and OMi to ServiceNow. So when there are 2 alerts triggered there will be automatically 2 incidents got created.

Kindly let me whether this is possible.

HP Sitescope - 11.32

HP OMi - 10.12

OS - Windows

Thanks,
Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Database Query monitor - Trigger alert based on result

Hi Arunkumar.K,

SiteScope - per design - can only trigger one alert when an alerting condition is met.
This alert can be repeated and all that, but what you are looking at
number of rows returned : 1 -> send 1 alert
number of rows returned : 2 -> send 2 alerts
number of rows returned : 3 -> send 3 alerts
number of rows returned : 9 -> send 9 alerts
cannot be done.
I would also assume that each alert has individual data.

The only way around this I can think of is to make sure that each execution of the monitor either returns nothing -> no alert,
or one line only -> trigger ONE alert, and then you simply execute the monitor more often.
No idea if this is possible, but one potential option.

If this doesn't work, then I would think that the alerting mechanism within SiteScope is not suited for this, as it's not a message forwarder via alerts.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
paulcon Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

OMi and Kafka connection

Hi all

i am following this doc --> https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/MP_for_Apache_Kafka:1.10/Home

How do we connect and send evenst from the kafka server to OMi?

Do i install operations agent on the linux Kafka server? If so is there steps and a download?

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.