Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. LGentile Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Deploy multiple remotes with one template?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible in 11.30+ to deploy multiple remote servers in a single template?  I am trying to set up a single template that will add various components and 3 of the components are Windows servers.  Since I want to monitor performance, etc, on these machines, I need to deploy a remote for each (so I can use a single template form upon deployment).  I don't want to have to deploy the remotes first, then use the server selection list, as this would create extra steps.  I know this was a limitation (we are still on 11.24), but I was curious if there has been an ER to add this fucntionality.

Alternatively, I know I can deploy more than one template at a time, but then I would need to re-arrange the groups deployed to put the server in one place in the hierarchy.  

Thank you,

Lance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Joe_B Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Deploy multiple remotes with one template?

Jump to solution

Lance,

You should be able to deploy multiple remotes from a single template. Here is an example that i created that should do it. When you import this template and deploy it you will need to specify the servers you want to monitor in the RemoteServerName field seperated by commas (server1,server2,server3). Then when this template gets deployed it will create a group based on each server name and then the monitors for each server as well.  Let me know if this helps?

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Mauricio_M_SIS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

It seems like the SiteScope templates functionality remains the same. Would you like to place an ER for it? 

Mauricio Fernandez | SW Support Engineer

SiteScope

Mail: mauricio.fernandez.villegas@hpe.com

If you find that this or any other post resolvers your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remeber to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mauricio,

Yes, I would like an ER, but I assume someone else may have already requested this, so if there is already an ER out there, just a current status would be fine (as in, are there plans to include this in a future release already?)

Thank you

0 Likes
JamesII Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can't you use a CSV file with a structure of SERVER_NAME, COMPONENT_NAME1, COMPONENT_NAME2, COMPONENT_NAME3?

The in the template setup 1 remote server and then three Windows Resource monitors for each component?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Lance,

You should be able to deploy multiple remotes from a single template. Here is an example that i created that should do it. When you import this template and deploy it you will need to specify the servers you want to monitor in the RemoteServerName field seperated by commas (server1,server2,server3). Then when this template gets deployed it will create a group based on each server name and then the monitors for each server as well.  Let me know if this helps?

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Joe!  THANKS!

I never know the templates would accept multiple values via a comma separator.  I was trying to avoid CSV files because sometimes it's only 2-3 machines that someone needs to add and this makes my existing templates very flexible.

I tested this by simply using my existing Windows template and fed it 4 servers and it worked just fine.

Thank you - I don't know how I missed this in the past.  I know this question has been asked a few times now.

Lance

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Lance,

No problem at all. Glad it worked out and I could be of assistance.

Joe Berant
HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.