Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. LGentile Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Email Templates - Properties

This is probably a simple one.  I am trying to use some specific properties in email templates (using them to figure out what data is returned so I can also use them for messages sent into BSM/OM).

The ones in question would be:

<group>.<parent>.propertyname 

<group>.propertyname

I can't seem to get the syntax correct.  Let's use <tag> for example - to get the tag of the parent group.

I assumed it was this:

<group>.<parent>.<tag> - but that returns nothing except the first variable (group).

Then i tried:

<group.parent.tag> - but this returns nothing, i assume since that is an invalid syntax

Can someome light the way on the proper format?  I want to be able to pull the parent group's tags, description, etc.. for any monitor within.  I don't apply tags and such to monitors directly since they are generic - the group contains the node (server's) information like location, tags for device type, ITAR yes/no, etc... i would like this to populate into emails and BSM integrated messages..

thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Re: Email Templates - Properties

Where did you find this is possible: <group>.<parent>.propertyname ?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

It is the Using Sitescope reference guide, see below:

I believe the syntax in the guide is wrong.  I saw a reference to this in the old forum that Dmitry answered, but there the syntax was wrong too..  not sure anyone has figured this out.

Thanks

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

What about <group>.<parent>.tag ?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Yes i have tried that. The <parent> property gets ignored as far as I can tell.

0 Likes
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Which version of SIS are you referring to?

You mentioned both Email, BSM and OM - it is not clear what channel do you refer to for sending these "events"

Basically all of the supported attributed for the event integeraiton (to OM/BSM) are in the common event mappting template UI, available for drag&drop.

I dont think that the attributes you mentioned are supported in the event integration but only in the email alert template.

What is the information your would like to send?

- Hemi

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Well, for this example, I am only talking about email alerts.  For BSM, yes I was hoping to use the 'same' properties if supported (I assumed they were the same).  I will check the BSM forms to see if what I am looking for is there.

Basically, I was trying to format an email message, then use that format for the BSM messages.. if the properties are not the same, maybe there are better ones to use for BSM.

But, specifically, my question was around the email templates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

<group>.propertyname doesn't work for me either.

I suggest to address support and maybe submit a defect here 

Thanks

- Hemi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.