Omar Lpz Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

GUI Not showing in Sitescope 11.50 New Install

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Sitescope and i want to integrate it with Load Runner for load testing monitoring. Anyway I've installed Sitescope 11.50 in a VM with Windows Server 2016 and JRE 1.8 After the installation the issue appears in 2 case scenarios the first one is when setting up the service in the Config Wizard if I let the account to use the current windows account when finished, the GUI is not showing up, I can't see the login page and when I click the logout link, the page just reloads and I see the same with just the help drop menus working.

In the case I set up an account, when the service is installed I can't even load the Sitescope page at the URL that the wizzard gives (localhost:8080/SiteScope). IE 11 displays the message "This page can't be load" so I don't know what I'm missing here, so If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.

Re: GUI Not showing in Sitescope 11.50 New Install

Jump to solution

Seems I figure it out. The problem was the Browsers, the current versions of IE 11, Firefox and Chrome have no NPAPI support, which is necessary to display and execute the Java Applets that shows the controls and the GUI. Installing Firefox ESR 52.3 and accessing the SiteScope URL from that browser displayed the Java Pop-Up and after allowing to execute, the GUI is displaying normally. Thanks to everyone for your attention.

7 Replies
gun339 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Omar,

Try to perform the sizing of the SiteScope application by running the configuration wizard and restart the SiteScope services. Also donot run the services with any account, run it locally on the server itself.

Few more question:

Do you have any integration with SiteScope?

Have you upgrade the application on the same server or its a fresh installation?

Did you move the entire application to the new server?

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Gun339

"Have you upgrade the application on the same server or its a fresh installation?"
It's a fresh Installation, I haven't installed anything related to sitescope. I'm running the services  with the server local account now, so The service is running, but then again, the GUI Is missing as you can see in the image attached. As I'm running sitescope in a Windows Server virtual machine, I've configured all the .NET framework and IIS. Accessing from the server to the SiteScope URL gives the same result, just a Blank page with the drop menus working but nothing else. This could be some Java issue or something?

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Omar,

Try to change the version of JRE installed on your server and also enbale it in your add-on (Local System and server). Also give a restart.

If you are accessinng the URL oustide the server then please check that pplication port is open and no firewall policy is blocking the same.

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. dasomm Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

From 2018.05 doc "Client System Req":
-------------------

• JRE version 8 (JRE 8 update162 is the latest certified version)

Ensure that the JRE version for the client is the same as the JRE version on the server to support downloading of applets and FIPS, CAC configuration.

-------------------

If you run SiteScope 32-bit, install JRE 8 update 162 (or lower) 32-bit on the machine you want to access SiteScope from (add this JRE without uninstalling other JRE versions). I would try locally on the SiteScope server first. If it works there but not remotely, check local FW drops.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dasomm

I've installed the SiteScope_11.50_for_Windows_64bit, but I installed the 32 version to be sure but no luck, the GUI Still missing.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Seems I figure it out. The problem was the Browsers, the current versions of IE 11, Firefox and Chrome have no NPAPI support, which is necessary to display and execute the Java Applets that shows the controls and the GUI. Installing Firefox ESR 52.3 and accessing the SiteScope URL from that browser displayed the Java Pop-Up and after allowing to execute, the GUI is displaying normally. Thanks to everyone for your attention.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.