Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
CLEFEBVRE Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How is calculated the total time in an URL monitor ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to know how is calculate the "total" displayed as status in an URL monitor. For example :

Status:   Total 21.219 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.108 sec, response 42.315 sec, download 0.045 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

Status:   Total 0.235 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.08 sec, response 0.299 sec, download 0.076 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

Why "Total" is not equal to "DNS+connect+response+download" ? And why response time is greater than total time ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Christophe

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How is calculated the total time in an URL monitor ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Based on your feedback we have investigated it and going to add the following note to our docs, let me know if it answers your question

"

Please note that in URL based monitors, if you're using several url load threads, total duration time could be less then dns, connect, response or download times . In this case total duration time is a duration between start and end work of all threads, but dns, connect, response or download time will be a sum of corresponding value of each thread.

Required count of url load threads could be set in master.config by _urlLoadThreads property"

Thanks

- Hemi

6 Replies
Absent Member.. Joe_B Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Christopher,

Could you tell me what version of SiteScope you are currently working with? If you uncheck the "retrieve images" and "retrieve frames" check boxes and then run the monitor again do the times look more accurate? Also are you currently using the "Use Wininet" check box within this monitor? I have seen a behavior like this before and this information should help tell me with assisting you.

Regards,

Joe Berant

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Based on your feedback we have investigated it and going to add the following note to our docs, let me know if it answers your question

"

Please note that in URL based monitors, if you're using several url load threads, total duration time could be less then dns, connect, response or download times . In this case total duration time is a duration between start and end work of all threads, but dns, connect, response or download time will be a sum of corresponding value of each thread.

Required count of url load threads could be set in master.config by _urlLoadThreads property"

Thanks

- Hemi

sekar sundaram Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, i am new to SiteScope, i could not see this status info anywhere in my SiteScope.

Please suggest where you this?... thanks...

Status:   Total 21.219 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.108 sec, response 42.315 sec, download 0.045 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

Status:   Total 0.235 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.08 sec, response 0.299 sec, download 0.076 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Sekar,

You will see the lines below when you have created a URL, URL content or URL Sequence monitor and you have selected the "Retrieve Images" and "Retreive Frames" check boxes. Then once you have saved the monitor again you see more detailed information like what is mentioned below.

Status:   Total 21.219 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.108 sec, response 42.315 sec, download 0.045 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

Status:   Total 0.235 sec (DNS 0 sec, connect 0.08 sec, response 0.299 sec, download 0.076 sec), no frames, 4 images (17K total)

Regards,

Joe Berant

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Sekar,

One more follow up to my last post you can also get the information by selecting the "Show Detailed Measurements" check box as well.

Regards,

Joe Berant

Joe Berant
HP Support

0 Likes
sekar sundaram Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Super Cool, Joe... thanks a ton...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.