sujith_cs18
New Member.

How to enable tls 1.2 on sitescope 11.5x

Hello,

I would like to enable https using TLS 1.2 CA certificate on sitescope 11.51 windows but I dont see instructions to do so in the document. I assume TLS 1.2 is supported on sitescope 11.51 windows. Unfortunately, support with HP has expired so appreciate if I can get some help here.

I have enabled https right now but I see its showing cert as TLS 1.1 despite the cert is on TLS 1.2 so I think I should enable TLS 1.2

Thanks,

Sujith

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: How to enable tls 1.2 on sitescope 11.5x

Hello Sujith

Try with the following steps (With SiteScope service stopped):

On the Sitescope server:

edit the file <SiteScope>\Tomcat\conf\server.xml, in the section 

"<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->" to match the one below
edit or add
 sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2"

This should enable only TLSv1.2 in SiteScope.

Best regards

0 Likes
gun339 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to enable tls 1.2 on sitescope 11.5x

Hi Sujith,

First you need to stop the SiteScope services and then follow the below steps

on the Sitescope side :
edit the file <SiteScope>\Tomcat\conf\server.xml, in the section

"<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->" to match the one below
edit or add
sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2

After changing the parameter start the sitescope services to take the effect,

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.