Highlighted
Fefers_ Contributor.
Contributor.

Is it possible to send one error trap per counter from the same monitor/alert?

Hi there!!

Is it possible to send one error trap per counter from the same monitor/alert?

I have one monitor, with lot of counters. When the monitor has more than one counter with error, the monitor aggregate the information into the same trap. I'd like to send different trap for each counter with error.

Example:

Monitor_Name

counter1

counter2

counter3

counter4

Current, if counter1 and counter3 get error ate the same time, only one trap sends with all counters aggregated.

The intention is to split by counters, send two or more error traps from the same monitor/alert.

is it possible?

Using SIS Linux 11.51.131 12:00:00 2011-01-01 build 79

Labels (6)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Honored Contributor.. dasomm Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Is it possible to send one error trap per counter from the same monitor/alert?

Hi,

I don´t think that is possible. 
Within a monitor one can differentiate between alerts based on different statuses, but not between counters with the same status.
The content of the alert can be edited, to avoid sending data for counters that are not in error (<errorOnly>).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.