Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ronny Andersson Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

JBoss JXM calculation

Jump to solution

Hi,

does someone know if it is possible to calculate for example JBoss Free Memory, instead of give
the actual numbers for thresholds ?
Possible under following operation;
Get the current memory from JBoss instance and then work out with a percentage to the number of free memory that may be necessary to alarm of, or be able to enter the threshold as a percentage instead of real value.

Regards,

Ronny 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. DavidMolina_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: JBoss JXM calculation

Jump to solution

Hi Ronny,

you can match the value using a regular expression, for example my script shows the following output:

myvalue=250584

so, If I want to match the value after the = to use it as individual variable to configure the threshold, I just need to set the following configurations in the Script Monitor configuration:

Match value labels:  this is  how you want to call the variable which will keep you value.

Match Expression: this where you need to place the regular expression to match the value you want, in my example it would be something like this:

/myvalue=(.*)/

The expression into parenthesis is the data which will be save into the variable.

Once you have that, the variable will be available in the threshold.

Check out the screenshots attached.

If this example is not enough, please upload the output generated by your Script and I would help you to create the Regular Expression required. 

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Ronny,

currently SiteScope cannot perform a calculation from a value captured by JMX monitor, the alternative option can be a script monitor which returns the value you need. 

If you want, we can open an ER to include this feature, if that's the case, please send me an email with your personal information and SAID.

Regards,

David Molina

dm@hp.com

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Ronny Andersson Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks David,

for your quick answer, it seem that we have to via script solution instead this time.

How pick up the return value from the script and use it and check as threshold value ?

Regards,

Ronny 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Ronny,

you can match the value using a regular expression, for example my script shows the following output:

myvalue=250584

so, If I want to match the value after the = to use it as individual variable to configure the threshold, I just need to set the following configurations in the Script Monitor configuration:

Match value labels:  this is  how you want to call the variable which will keep you value.

Match Expression: this where you need to place the regular expression to match the value you want, in my example it would be something like this:

/myvalue=(.*)/

The expression into parenthesis is the data which will be save into the variable.

Once you have that, the variable will be available in the threshold.

Check out the screenshots attached.

If this example is not enough, please upload the output generated by your Script and I would help you to create the Regular Expression required. 

David Molina
HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.