Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linux Memory Monitor incorrect value for RAM

I have 2 RHEL servers being monitored by SiteScope 11.24, and both are showing a Negative number (-247% Example ) for the amount of RAM being used. (See attached)

We are monitoring hundreds, but these two are the only ones giving a probem.

Double checked the Remote Server, and both are selected as Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Looked at the output of /usr/bin/free -b

[sitescope@remote server ~]$ /usr/bin/free -b
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:    1352900485 8807852032 4721152819 1785191628 1775632384 7012174643
-/+ buffers/cache: 1618114150 1191089070
Swap:   2587780300          0 2587780300

Compared those results to servers that are working, but I don't see a difference.

Also, output of debug attached, but I don't see anything that sticks out as a problem.

So, at this point I'm not sure what's causing a negative number to be displayed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux Memory Monitor incorrect value for RAM

Hello,

What is the Sitesope version? (buid #).

Depending of the SiS version we could apply a patch to fix the issue. But, first of all I need to check the version.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Esteban Castillo
SW Support Engineer
eeco@hp.com
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux Memory Monitor incorrect value for RAM

SiS version  ----    HP SiteScope 11.24.391 64-bit JVM, Build 333

The work around was to create a Unix Resource, and pull Total and Free Memory and Swap. From there create 2 Calculated metrics called % RAM and % SWAP Used, using the following forumulas.

% RAM Used    100-(((<<Memory\MemFree>>)/<<Memory\MemTotal>>)*100)

% SWAP Used  100-(((<<Memory\SwapFree>>)/<<Memory\SwapTotal>>)*100)

I would also like pages/sec, but at this point it isn't required.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.