Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. DavidMolina_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Meet the Expert Session: "SiteScope 11.20 New Features"

Hi Everyone,

We invite you to take a look to this recorded session about the new features in version 11.20. If you have questions, feel free to post it here.

Enjoy:

http://h20621.www2.hp.com/video-gallery/us/en/sss/software/software-general/C36078B2-DC26-49FD-80A3-FC2B9EB8285E/r/video/

Coming Soon: Troubleshooting sessions.

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (1)
10 Replies
Absent Member.. LGentile Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Meet the Expert Session: "SiteScope 11.20 New Features"

David,

Thank you for this video.  It would be great to see more like this, maybe some details around some of the more complex monitors (VMware, EventLog, etc).

One comment, however - you mention that one of the benefits of the dynamic disk space monitor is that it only consumes 1 point regardless of the number of volumes you have.  I believe this is incorrect.  The DDS monitor consumes 1 point per volume, per server.  So, if you have 10 servers with a C and D volume, that's 20 points.

Please confirm.. I am currently finalizing the types of monitors we are going to use and the point consumption of this monitor specifically drastically changes the amount of points we may need to buy this year.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. andyinsdca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I've tried to watch this video in IE & FF and am getting an error "THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON". When can I watch this video?

0 Likes
lee_richard Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello, I just confirmed that the video is up and available.  Are you still having issues accessing it?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

yes you are right, maybe I mentioned incorrectly, for each counter found it, it will consumes one point of your license if it's based on license points schema.

Regards,

David

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. andyinsdca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

That works, thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. JasonElliott Absent Member..
Absent Member..

David Molina is my hero.
0 Likes
Mel Farber Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In the new dynamic disk monitor, is it possible to have different thresholds for different file systems or do I need a different monitor each time I have a different set of thresholds?  If so, that is a major problem as my customer has dozens or file systems, but each file system may have different capacities and different thresholds.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Disconnected Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Mel,

When you create the monitor and use the "Get Counters" option it will display all of the different objects you can measure against (disk1.PNG).

Once the objects are loaded you can then select them in the Condition drop-down menu in the Threshold Settings section (Disk.PNG).

0 Likes
Absent Member..

he he thank you

David Molina
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mel,

you can set up all the thresholds you need once the monitor discover the file systems.

David Molina
HP Support

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.