Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Absent Member.. TKidd Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Migrating monitors from one SiteScope instance to another - v11.22

Is it possible to migrate SiteScope monitors from one instance to another?  I do not have BAC.  Both instances are v11.22.  I am consolidating two instances into one instance.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migrating monitors from one SiteScope instance to another - v11.22

If you have 2 already existing SiteScope instances (i.e. having their own configuration) there is no way to merge them together apart from choosing an instance with larger configuration and deploying monitors from the second instance to it using regular SiteScope techniques (through templates or manually).

0 Likes
Battushi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello,

Well if you like to import a configuration from a SiteScope to another, SiteScope has the option to Export / Import configuration from Config_Tools, but I thing that is not your case, because you are trying to create a Single SiteScope with both configurations, really?

then in this case the recommended workaround is do it with BSM. That is the current workaround.

Anyway there is a little trick, which unfortunately not always works as expected.

You can try to export a group of monitors like a template and then to import this template to the another server. How I say, not always works, but you can try with a few monitors.

if that option do not work, the only way is to rebuid it again manually

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Absent Member..

Interesting, I will have to give the template trick a try.
0 Likes
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try right click "Copy to template" and then export/import template.

- Hemi

Absent Member.. Disconnected Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Tkidd, any luck with this? I'll be utilizing BSM to do this once it is necessary (hardware is being stood up in the data center).
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have not yet begun the project which involves migrating monitors. When I do, I will try to remember to swing back and update this thread on how I chose to do so.
Absent Member..

All,

I have two SiteScope instances in SAM in BSM but I'm getting a failure. The picture is attached.

This happens if I try to paste at the group level.

I can paste a single monitor without any problems.

I do not want to resort to manual copies of files to get this to work.

Ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Been a while.

I can verify the template copying process works - however, there are some quirks that I need to work out. I'll be going through this with a fine-tooth comb as others are interested in me documenting moving from one environment to a completely new install.

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Hi Disconnected,

That error is a defect for Dynamic Disk Space monitor, they can be copied. Not sure if it's fixed now.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.