Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Super Contributor.. MickyM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OMi monitoring automation not working

Hi

We have integrated SiS with OMi and trying to get basic monitoring automation working. I have followed all the integration steps and think everything is set up correcty.

When i deploy a sitescope monitoring template from OMi to a SiS node, OMi reports the template is successfully deployed but there is no trace of it in SiS.

Can anyone assist with some troubleshooting tips?

Mick

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OMi monitoring automation not working

You can start troubleshooting with checking if the policy was indeed deployed to the Agent (ovpolicy -l).

Then check %OvDataDir%/log/system.0.en_US file for any errors related to the policy deployment.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Thanks, I did some more investigation. It looks like SiS is failing to deploy the monitor using the FQDN of the host. All i've done is modified a copy of the Windows Host Template and using the %%HOST%% parameter to pass from OMi to SiS. When SiS tries to deploy it, it fails. When i take a closer look, SiS  doesn't like the FQDN in the attached setting.

This is the first time setting up monitoring automation so i'm not sure if i've done anything wrong, but i'm assuming this should work. The doco says that "Server to get measurements from:" needs to be a configured host in SiS but that would defeat the purpose of monitoring automation.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. dasomm Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

Are you able to deploy the template in SiteScope itself? If not, that's a good place to start troubleshooting. 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. dfletcher78 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

If you include the 'remote server' in the template then configure the monitors to use the remote server in the template. That is how I managed to get it to work.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Thanks

could you drop us a screenshot? i've tried different variations but i keep getting the same error, i've attached some screenshots

Mick

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

never mind, i figured it out. when i set the remote server name to %%host%% it started working, go figure. thanks for the pointer!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.