Absent Member.. jiiim Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Repeat counter

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there any way I can setup a repeat counter in a SiteScope monitor? I only want an error to be triggered if the monitor has failed x times.

Br,

Jim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maf Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Repeat counter

Jump to solution

Can't you generate an entry to log file via alert? That would be:

1\ Disable HP Operations integration "send events" in properties tab

2\ Create a dummy alert (for example windows event)

3\ Enable the same integration thing in alerts

0 Likes
6 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Have you seen alert action's trigger frequency "Initially after # times, and repeat every # times" ?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I'm using the HP Operations Manager integration using a log file. I guess the alert thing isn't an option then?
0 Likes
Battushi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't know what options has Operation Manager, but I thing the alert will be triggered...

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Well you are sending events via the alert, so if it gets fired n times then you get your n events.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
maf Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can't you generate an entry to log file via alert? That would be:

1\ Disable HP Operations integration "send events" in properties tab

2\ Create a dummy alert (for example windows event)

3\ Enable the same integration thing in alerts

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
That works like a charm, thank you maf! 🙂
However I found a "small" problem. In the event mapping I'm using Attributes to create the message ("title"). One of the attributes I'm using is <<metricValue>>, and that is converted to "null" when using HP Operations Manager Integration in alert secition. When using HP Operations Manager Integration in the monitor properties, the conversion works fine. Guess it's a bug or something? I'll contact the support about it.
Thank you!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.