Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. jjhopkins Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

SiteScope 11.3x and Windows Server 2016

Jump to solution

There are two sides to this:

1. SiteScope 11.3x running on Windows Server 2016
  2. SiteScope 11.3x monitoring Windows Server 2016

Experiences, good or bad, with either?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. sscopeguy Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: SiteScope 11.3x and Windows Server 2016

Jump to solution

I believe official suppor for runing SiteScope on Windows 2016 was documented in 11.40.    I have not seen the support for running 11.3x on Windows 2016.  Probably doable, but comes down to supportability by the vendor.

As far as monitoring a Windows 2016 server, it depends on what you are monitoring.  We tested basic monitors like Service and WRM with no inital issues.  Results could vary depending on the monitor and options you enable per monitor.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello 

As far as I know R&D Team already received a request to have SiteScope certified on Windows Server 2016:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02582295

Personally, I have never tried installing SiteScope on WS 2016 or monitoring WS 2016 with SiteScope.

Regards,

Allan D.

Allan Delgado Calderon
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. sscopeguy Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I believe official suppor for runing SiteScope on Windows 2016 was documented in 11.40.    I have not seen the support for running 11.3x on Windows 2016.  Probably doable, but comes down to supportability by the vendor.

As far as monitoring a Windows 2016 server, it depends on what you are monitoring.  We tested basic monitors like Service and WRM with no inital issues.  Results could vary depending on the monitor and options you enable per monitor.

0 Likes
fruity12 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: SiteScope 11.51 and Windows Server 2016

Jump to solution

Hi,

May I know the compatability in using Sitescope 11.51 on Windows 2016 Server 64 bit machine ?

We have all monitors setup .

1. Facing issue in one of URL monitor .

2. Unable to receive History email report 

Any pointers ?

Please help.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. gun339 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: SiteScope 11.51 and Windows Server 2016

Jump to solution

Hi Furity12,

I have upgraded the system from 11.22 to 11.50 but on a parallel setup.

1. What is the issue you are facing in the URL?

2. For the second point did you export the logs after the configuration tool( if you have upgraded the system)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.