Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SiteScope : event mapping : custom attribuite to BSM

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I have edited event mapping in SiteScope in order to send custom attributes in the event to BSM.

However, from BSM side I can not find those custom attributes.

Please help,

Elmassimo

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SiteScope : event mapping : custom attribuite to BSM

Jump to solution

Everything works as designed. Even though UI allows you to add your own custom attributes, the log file policy that handles the events behind the scenes is not updated, so there is no supported way to add arbitrary custom attributes to SiteScope events from SiteScope itself. You are limited to using cma1...cma5 attributes only.

The workaround I used for my customers would be using SiteScope tags to emulate the custom attributes you want to pass as part of SiteScope events. Once you marked the desired SiteScope monitors with relevant tags, you can use any of cma1...cma5 attributes to contain the value of <<tag>>. It will pass to that OOB cma the comma separated list of tags representing your info. Every tag is in form of a colon delimited name:value pair. In other words in OMi such SiteScope event will have e.g. cma1 custom attribute with the value of tag1:value1,tag2:value2,tag3:value3

Then it's just a matter of a simple EPI script that will parse the comma separated list from cma1 and create real custom attributes tag1, tag2, tag3 with their desired values.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I want to rectify the error.

When using the default cma1 to cma5, the custom attribute is retreived on BSM.

When creating a new key, the custom attribute is not synchronized to BSM.

I am searching for a possibility to tell BSM that a custom attribute called X will be sent from SiteScope.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Everything works as designed. Even though UI allows you to add your own custom attributes, the log file policy that handles the events behind the scenes is not updated, so there is no supported way to add arbitrary custom attributes to SiteScope events from SiteScope itself. You are limited to using cma1...cma5 attributes only.

The workaround I used for my customers would be using SiteScope tags to emulate the custom attributes you want to pass as part of SiteScope events. Once you marked the desired SiteScope monitors with relevant tags, you can use any of cma1...cma5 attributes to contain the value of <<tag>>. It will pass to that OOB cma the comma separated list of tags representing your info. Every tag is in form of a colon delimited name:value pair. In other words in OMi such SiteScope event will have e.g. cma1 custom attribute with the value of tag1:value1,tag2:value2,tag3:value3

Then it's just a matter of a simple EPI script that will parse the comma separated list from cma1 and create real custom attributes tag1, tag2, tag3 with their desired values.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the explanation Dmitry.

In fact I was trying to find a column to show the sitescope parent group.

I was using <<fullgroup>> parameter.

The idea of the Tag is better because I can focus on only the parent group or any pattern I think it would help.

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.