Highlighted
Absent Member.. Jayme_Etailor Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sitescope v11.21 - Disable Public Filter

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I have SiteScope v11.21 and I need to disable the creation of public filters.

I want disable because a user without any permission (read-only) can edit and delete a public filter created by another user and by administrator. I consider this a security hole.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks,
Jayme

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sitescope v11.21 - Disable Public Filter

Jump to solution

Hi Jamey,

HotFix is supplied only for urgent product defect.

I totally understand your business need, however, since it is not a regression, this is how SiteScope been working for all these years, I find it hard to refer to it as a defect.

The appropiate way to work it out is by submitting an ER, which will be prioritized according to our product roadmap.

I would like to mention that althouhg your request makes perfect sense, we didn't hear about this request from other sources so far.

BR

- Hemi Shuvali, SiteScope Functional Architect

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. DavidMolina_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Jayme,

Did you try to change the acces from Preferences - user preferences, selec the user and remove the access for filters?
David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi David,

My user read-only have report management only permission. See image attached.

Thanks for support.

Jayme

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Jayme,

I think we don't have a feature to enable/disable the access to the filters. This will be an ER to add the feature.

David
David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I can request an ER (I have a case open). But a hotfix is developed faster?

The project that I'm just goes into production without this problem. Do you understand?

Thanks,

Jayme

0 Likes
Haim Shuvali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jamey,

HotFix is supplied only for urgent product defect.

I totally understand your business need, however, since it is not a regression, this is how SiteScope been working for all these years, I find it hard to refer to it as a defect.

The appropiate way to work it out is by submitting an ER, which will be prioritized according to our product roadmap.

I would like to mention that althouhg your request makes perfect sense, we didn't hear about this request from other sources so far.

BR

- Hemi Shuvali, SiteScope Functional Architect

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Jayme,

I do understand but I don't believe R&D will deliver a hot fix for this, this can be consider a minor problem and it doesn't look like a security problem even when you can have access to filters from other users, if that same user has not access to groups and monitors the filters will not show anything, so you might want to specify to your users which groups they can have access or not, in this way the filter problem will not affect you.

Regards,

David

David Molina
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I do understand this can be consider a minor problem for most customers, but not for a use multitenancy.

A read-only user (only with report permission) being able to edit and delete filters by other users and by administrator is not a very nice thing. Do you agree?

I'm building a robot for login in SiteScope and delete the filters. Is the solution while I wait the ER or hotfix.

Thanks,

Jayme

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.