Absent Member.. Michelle_HP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The Online Expert Day Has Concluded

Hello Members,

SiteScope is hosting an Online Expert Day on May 5-6, 2014!  Mark this on your calendars!

We would like to invite you to join us in this forum on May 5 to 6 when HP product Experts will be online for 24 hours to answer any questions regarding the following topic:

SiteScope API: New features

Every day in the IT world, we are looking for more automation and less human interaction.  As the best monitoring software in the market, SiteScope already has a functionality which will enable any IT organization accomplish their automation needs with any external tool or just a simple script.

SiteScope API was designed to have access to internal SiteScope functionalities using internal Web Services so you can deploy templates and get info about your environment; but now, you can also use it for reporting features that might help increase the way how you can write scripts to interact with this feature.

What is an Online Expert Day?

An Online Expert Day is an event when HP product, R&D, Support team members, and other employees join our online forums to answer your toughest technical questions.  Online Expert Days give you a chance to talk directly with the HP Experts!

How does the Online Expert Day event work?

Starting on May 5th at 07:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time / 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time / 2:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time, log in to this forum and create new posts to ask your questions

The Online Expert Day will end on May 6th at 07:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time / 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time / 2:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time.

HP Experts will be online for 24 hours in the forum and will do their best to answer your questions. They may need to get some more information from you so please check the box "email me when someone replies".  An online conversation will be born!

If you have questions regarding the Online Expert Day event, please reply to this message.

For upcoming Online Expert Days, please bookmark the HP Software Online Support Services - Forum events page.

We look forward to your attendance and your questions!

Regards,

Michelle

HP Software Online Support Services

Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Mickey_Rocks
New Member.

Re: ATTENTION: Online Expert Day on SiteScope on May 5-6, 2014!

Are there any API's that allow for cut/paste of Monitor Groups?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. DavidMolina_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Mickey,

there is no feature to cut monitors from the API, however you can deploy templates and delete groups, so you can use the API in the following way to emulate the cut/paste:

1. Make sure the group and monitors you want to move are copied into a template

2. Using API delete the group

3. Using API deploy the template in the new location.

If you are talking about move monitors from one SiteScope to another, the approach would be similar, an additional step would be exporting and importing the template into the target SiteScope before deploy it.

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Mickey_Rocks
New Member.

OK...

What if you have dependencies (as is recommended) built into your monitors?  For example, all my monitors are deployed with dependencies on things like SSH, winlogon and ping.

My understanding is if monitors are in groups with dependencies the Delet Montor Group will fail?

Please advise.  What I am looking for is an automated way to leverage the API to decom servers.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
ADPRJ Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Few questions:

1. For reference, what is the current list of APIs available for SS 11.23?

2. What additions or enhancements are  in store for the next SS release for APIs?

3. I can add templates to my scopes, but can't remove or udpate them. Are there plans to create these APIs?

4. I can't look at the state of a monitor. Are there plans for this?

5. What kind of reporting features will be available via API?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mike,

you can create dependencies if they exist between the monitors of the same group, also you can deploy without dependencies and recreate it using Global Search and Replace tool to make changes for multiple monitors

David Molina
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Mickey_Rocks
New Member.

David,

I dod not understand what you are saying.  All my templates have dependencies.  When I decom a server (we use OO), I would like to be able to delet the Monitor Group and then the Remote Servers.  This fails however due to the depndencies.  

I need a way to force delete a Monitor Group that has dependencies (without the need to remove the dependencies first).

Do you understand what I am trying to do?

Greg

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mickey,

I do understand now, thanks for the clarification but unfortunately there is no way to force a deletion when a dependecy is involved. You must remote the dependency or the items which are part of the dependency before attemp to delete a group of monitors. 

David Molina
HP Support

0 Likes
PSCSupport Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ONLINE EXPERT DAY Now in Session! Create a New Post to Ask Your Questions.

Hi all, I have two questions regarding future compatibility's.
1) Weblogic 12c - Is there a confirmed release (11.24 perhaps) if so is there a timeline on that release date approximately?
2) VUGEN 11.x for Web Script monitor compatibility.

Thank you in advance.
0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Hi,

Find below the Enhancement Request for these features (still opened, possible for 11.30 major release)

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I81720
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I80244
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. al_can_2 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Currently, we use LDAP authentication for SiteScope users.  We add the LDAP service provider and the LDAP security principal which is working, but it locks a user to a specific OU.

We have found that users that move, or even whole division that move change their LDAP security principal, by either adding or changing an OU.

Is there a way or any plans for SiteScope to use a Global Group which would then allow any users within the GG group access to SiteScope and not be dependent on individual OU's?

Alfredo Cantu
0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi,

The problem there is that SiS needs a defined mapping between OU and Role to assign user permissions, otherwise users may be authenticated as viewers only.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member.. digao Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SiteScope 11.2x have many configuration parameters for SSH timeout.

There are "connection timeout" and "timeout" values to be set at a monitor level.

However, there are similar parameters to be set at the General Preferences (connection timeout, hello timeout, key exchange timeout and authentication timeout). Besides that, there is a setting for "SSH timeout on remote Windows Server " and "SSH prompt timeout".

How the settings in General Preferences interact with the settings at the monitor level? If my goal is to monitor a sftp transfer on a Windows server, which settings should I keep in mind, since they are all similar? Any best practices for settings when monitoring a small file transfer and a large file transfer?

Thanks,

Rod

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi Rod,

SSH settings are used only on initial connection attempt, for monitor specific tasks like file pull from sftp you need to set it at monitor level.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
PSCSupport Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: The Online Expert Day Has Concluded

Hi can you detail any limitations for SiteScope installed on Unix platform? Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.