Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Super Contributor.. MickyM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

VMWare Solution Templates Deployment Guides?

Hi all

I have used SiS lightly for various monitoring uses but one of our customers wants to use it to monitor their virtual environment and i've not had much experiance with it. I have started playing with it but it seems very dissapointing in compared with other virtulisation monitoring tools. What I'm expecting, is that i give SiS a vCentre hostname, and SiS goes off and discovers the environment and automatically applies predefined monitoring settings and displays metrics and current status in the dashboard. From what i've gathered so far, i need to supply individual host, datastore and worse, individual VM details i want monitored and all i get is a colour on the top level object host/datastore without seeing easily what the problem is. If looked at all the available guides but i can't really find anything that seems to suggest the above is possible.

This is supposed to be integrated with OMi but there are no OOTB ETI/HI event mappings. Everything seems like it should be harder than what it should be.

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Mick

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: VMWare Solution Templates Deployment Guides?

Hello Mick

Yes, for VM monitoring you'll need to provide most of that information. Other options may include using individual monitors instead of the one from the solution templates.

VMware Datastore Monitor

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:2018.11/Use/MR_VMware_Datastore_Mon

VMware Host Monitor

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:2018.11/Use/MR_VMware_Host_Mon

VMware Performance Monitor

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:2018.11/Use/MR_VMware_Performance_Mon

Or if more specific counters are needed, using a script monitor (this will require you some knowledge in scripting).

Regards

Daniel Rojas Leandro
Customer Support Engineer
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. MickyM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: VMWare Solution Templates Deployment Guides?

Hi Daniel

thanks for the reply, yes i've read through all the docs, i'm slowly making my way through it. this is a real pain to set up properly and integrate with Omi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.