Absent Member.. Disconnected Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Which schedules take priority?

All,

I had a URL monitor that was running "all day, every day". The alert was going out on a predefined schedule that should have disabled the emails being sent (the email "group" has it's own predefined schedule).

Well, last night @ 10 PM the monitor was still running erroneously, which I've since fixed... but the email alert had the group email schedule set to not alert between 10PM and 6 am this morning, yet the group continuously received emails throughout the night.

So I take it the monitor schedule will override the email alert schedule if it is assigned to a group in email preferences?

0 Likes
2 Replies
RRRA Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Which schedules take priority?

Hi Disconnected,

Could you please provide me screenshot of the group alert and monitor alert because the problem could be that you need to schedule another alert in the group or in the monitor in order to disable the emails

Regards

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Re: Which schedules take priority?

@Disconnected wrote:

So I take it the monitor schedule will override the email alert schedule if it is assigned to a group in email preferences?

It should work the other way around. Check your alert schema, maybe another alert on higher level was sending the email

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.