Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
HAC Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to take sitescope backup silently on 11.21??

Jump to solution

SiteScope 10 : how to use ConfigTool without user interaction (silent mode) for data export or import. This procdure has been used successfully on SiteScope 10.10 - 10.12, it will most likely work on other releases as well

This procedure will no longer work on SiteScope 11.x due to internal changes.
It is planned to re-introduce this feature in SiteScope 11.20.

So my question is, this was suppose to gext fix in sitescope 11.20 right ? but feature still not implemented in 11.21?

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Battushi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: how to take sitescope backup silently on 11.21??

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to confirm you this option has been implemented in SiteScope 11.22, on SiteScope Deployment guide http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00409587 on page 143.

Running Silent Configuration

You run a silent configuration using the configtoolparams.txt file. Since this file has a very specific format, you should create the silent configuration file using the sample file located in the <SiteScope installation directory>\examples\silent_config folder. To run a silent configuration for SiteScope (for SiteScope 11.22 or later):

1. Navigate to the configtoolparams.txt file located in the <SiteScope installation directory>\examples\silent_config folder.
2. Make a copy of the file, and save it to a location of your choice.
3. Open the file, modify it to meet your configuration needs (follow the instructions in the sample file), and then save the file.
4. Run the configuration from the command line with the -i silent and the -f <answers file> flag.

For example:
config_tool -i silent -f c:\configtoolparams.txt (Windows)

or

./config_tool.sh -i silent -f /opt/configtoolparams.txt (Linux or Solaris)

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
2 Replies
Highlighted
Battushi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to confirm you this option has been implemented in SiteScope 11.22, on SiteScope Deployment guide http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00409587 on page 143.

Running Silent Configuration

You run a silent configuration using the configtoolparams.txt file. Since this file has a very specific format, you should create the silent configuration file using the sample file located in the <SiteScope installation directory>\examples\silent_config folder. To run a silent configuration for SiteScope (for SiteScope 11.22 or later):

1. Navigate to the configtoolparams.txt file located in the <SiteScope installation directory>\examples\silent_config folder.
2. Make a copy of the file, and save it to a location of your choice.
3. Open the file, modify it to meet your configuration needs (follow the instructions in the sample file), and then save the file.
4. Run the configuration from the command line with the -i silent and the -f <answers file> flag.

For example:
config_tool -i silent -f c:\configtoolparams.txt (Windows)

or

./config_tool.sh -i silent -f /opt/configtoolparams.txt (Linux or Solaris)

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution
For 11.x < 11.22 only option is this external tool:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/SiteScope-Support-Customer-Forum/SiS-Support-Tip-script-to-automate-SiS-11-x-backups-via/td-p/5685481
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.