Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Fefers_ Contributor.
Contributor.

log file monitor | run alerts for each log entry matched | snmp does not work

Hi Experts!! Good day.

I am facing a odd issue related to log file monitor.

there is a logfile with about 12 lines, all these lines means error, so 12 different alerts/incidents.

the point here: I am able to see the alerts into alert.log, but the forwarding trap does not work.

if I change the run alerts for once, it works, the forwarding trap also and I am able to see the incident.

is it could be a SIS bug? any ideas or thought?

Linux RHEL 7.5
SIS 11.51.131 12:00:00 2011-01-01 build 79

thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: log file monitor | run alerts for each log entry matched | snmp does not work

Hello Fefers

Can you please confirm which is the event that triggers this alert and at what frequency is it set to?

This may be related to when the alert can be triggered, which you can check in the "Trigger Frequency Panel" of the alert action.

Please confirm that and if everything is as it should, it may be better to open a support case to investigate if this is a bug with your current SiteScope version.

Best regards

Daniel Rojas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.