Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Visitor.. rsarino
Visitor..

move sitescope licenses to another machine?

Jump to solution

Are there instructions on how to move sitescope another machine?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: move sitescope licenses to another machine?

Jump to solution

This additional info doesn't change anything in my answer. You still have to request a new license key because the IP address of the SiteScope server (where you want to move your license to) is different. Whether this SiteScope server already has some other licenses is irrelevant. SiteScope licenses are cumulative, i.e. you just add an extra license on top of all licenses that this second SiteScope server already has.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

As SiteScope license key is bound to IP address of the server where SiteScope is running, you will have to request a new license key and provide an IP address of the new server where you plan to move your existing SiteScope instance to.

0 Likes
Visitor.. rsarino
Visitor..

Jump to solution

I should of added more details.  I want to move an existing Sitescope license to another sitescope server that already has licenses.  Are there instructions for this?  Basically, rehosting licenses to another existing licensed sitescope server.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This additional info doesn't change anything in my answer. You still have to request a new license key because the IP address of the SiteScope server (where you want to move your license to) is different. Whether this SiteScope server already has some other licenses is irrelevant. SiteScope licenses are cumulative, i.e. you just add an extra license on top of all licenses that this second SiteScope server already has.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.