Super Contributor.. MickyM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

omi event severity mapping not working

Hi

I have 3 new sitecope 11.60 servers integrate with OMi all with the event severity mapping for error set to major. the mapping works for 1 server but not 2 of the others. they are all configured in mostly the same way, i've tried re-setting the integration but it doesn't seem to work. Everytime SiS produces an error event, OMi recieves it with critical severity.

i'm not sure how this is handled behind the scenes, can anyone give some troubleshooting pointers?

Mick

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: omi event severity mapping not working

Hello Mick

You may need to check on the policies and how they are configured in the Operations Agent.

Also, check how these events are been written in the  "HPSiteScopeOperationsManagerIntegration.log", if you see them as "critical" in there, you may need to check the event mapping templates in SiteScope then.

Best regards

0 Likes
gun339 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: omi event severity mapping not working

Hi MickyM,

You can hardcode the severity for each error under common event mapping module and then map it in the alert section related to each alert configured on the monitor.

Regards

Gun

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.