Honored Contributor.. dasomm Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

"Failed to assign Topaz id"

Hi,

SiteScope 11.41 integrated with OMI 10.63, OS WIN 2012R2:

The SiS server has 730 remote RHEL servers and a total of 11300 monitors.
I get the above error when deploying monitors to a remote server using template. The template is not new and I had already deployed around 20 servers that day with the template.
After that deploy fails, and monitors created manually isn´t synced to OMI RTSM (but they work OK in SIS). The server works fine on everything else.

Checking Persistency showed that the last assigned Topaz ID was ´1799999´..........so perhaps some kind of limit reached.
Fortunately I have 3 other SiS servers so I exported the template to a different server, and it works fine.

I have a support issue going but wonder if anyone else has seen this error?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: "Failed to assign Topaz id"

Hello dasomm

Seems you are currently experiencing a known issue for 11.41 versions:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03429738

It seems that removing the integration will solve it, however it'll be better to check if the integration is working correctly based on your other symptoms.

Regards

Daniel Rojas

Honored Contributor..

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for useful info.
I have four SiteScope servers, and they have been in production for 8-9 months. The problem arose on april 30., and only on one of the servers, the one with the highest number of monitors. There has been no change to OMI or SiS in our environment since upgrading SiS to 11.41 last fall. 

Support has also mentioned possibly removing an re-creating the integration, but they also work on checking if there could be some kind of limit reached here.
I´ll post an update when there is progress on the issue.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Checking more on this, I think this problem is most likely related to some Topaz ID range limit.
In my case the integration between SiS and OMI still works fine for event flow and topology sync for all CI´s created prior to the problem. I.e. resync between OMI and SiS works fine.The problem is limited to not being able to deploy new monitors with OMI integration.

I also see that one of my other SiS servers uses 18xxxxx as Topaz ID for it´s monitors, while the problem server uses 17xxxxx. And the latter failed after reaching 1799999. So I guess the range is xx00001-xx99999.

So the question is how the Topaz ID range is allocated for the SiS servers, and if there actually is a limit of 99999 per SiS server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.