Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

send HTML reports as attachment : 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

Hi experts,

I have a problem sending HTML reports with SiteScope 11.31

I'm using an exchange server to send emails.

The connection is done with credentials to the exchange server.

Test emails are OK. Email alertes are also OK.

Sending reports in XML or seprated by a comma are also OK.

Sending reports as HTML format is not working. I have created a mail monitor in order to troubelshoot the problem.

Strangly the mail monitor is able to send email with HTML files as attachment.

Looking to the errors.log, shows that everytime I try to send HTML report using mail functionnality in reports it that client was not authenticated (error code : 530 5.7.1) Which mean that service is trying to send email without using credentials to authenticate.

With the mail monitor, I was able to reproduce this message error; It was shown when I left credential fields blank.

That is strange, because HTML reports as attachment could be sent using mail monitor. But they could not be when using email functionnality from reports.

May be the mail monitor and email functionnality in reports are not calling the same functions or services behind.

Any suggestion please.

Following is the message error as shown in the error.log the following error message is shown:

2016-04-15 11:11:14,725 [HTTPRequest /SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope] (MailUtils.java:229) ERROR - error during sending an email with attachment to: mymail@domain.com
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:2114)
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1618)
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1119)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:195)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
	at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.tags.mail.EmailService.sendMessage(EmailService.java:226)
	at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.tags.mail.EmailService.sendMessage(EmailService.java:149)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.util.mail.MailUtils.sendMailWithAttachment(MailUtils.java:227)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.entities.reports.HistoryReport.emailReport(HistoryReport.java:792)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.entities.reports.HistoryReport.createReport(HistoryReport.java:705)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.entities.reports.HistoryReport.printReport(HistoryReport.java:328)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.api.CgiApiReport.generateAdhoc(CgiApiReport.java:163)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.api.CgiApiReport.generate(CgiApiReport.java:132)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.admin.page.adhocReportPage.printBody(adhocReportPage.java:16)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.admin.page.CGI.printBody(CGI.java:119)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.httpserver.CGIRequestHandler.handleRequest(CGIRequestHandler.java:236)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.httpserver.HTTPRequestHandler.handleRequest(HTTPRequestHandler.java:45)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.httpserver.HTTPRequestThread.run(HTTPRequestThread.java:755)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.infra.threads.ThreadPool$SingleThread.runTask(ThreadPool.java:462)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.infra.threads.ThreadPool$SingleThread.run(ThreadPool.java:488)
2016-04-15 11:11:14,725 [HTTPRequest /SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope] (HistoryReport.java:802) ERROR - error sending email summary: false

Thanks,

Elmassimo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member.. Joe_B Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: send HTML reports as attachment : 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

This is a very strange behavior escpecially since the other formats works. Can you tell me if you go into the /Site/Scope/groups folder and open the master.config check for these parameters

_smtpPassword=
_smtpUser=

Can you tell me if they are there and filled out? If not could you try placing the credentials in there, save the file and restart the SiteScope service and see if there is any change in the behavior?

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks Joe.

It seems a great idea to test.

But I just could not test it 🙂

In fact, each time I write credentials in master.config and restart the service, the _smtpPassword is blank right after service restart.

In other side,

I found that

_smtpPassword=
_smtpUser=

are filled.

The smtpuser is OK.

The smtpPassword is is encrypted.

I have used the encrypt_password tool in SiteScope (<SiteScope>\tools\AutoDeployment) to encrypt the password.

The result was somthing different from what is writen in the master.config for _smtpPassword.

Any other idea?

Elmassimo

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Can you tell me for how long and how many monitors are in this report that is failing to send? Have you tried sending a management report for a single monitor for a short time frame? I was doing some research on this for you and came across an issue where they were receiving the same error and all other report formats worked and it had  to do with the size of the report. Could you give this a try if you have not already and let me know if this makes any difference?

Joe Berant
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. .....
0 Likes
Absent Member..

well, I dont want to be pessimistic but I've already tested this one without success.

Actually, I'm able to send those reports using the mail monitor.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

Would you be able to send me your master.config so I can take a look at a few things?

Joe Berant
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

Could you try stopping your SiteScope system and add the following parameter to your master.config file.

_reportSendFileAsAttachment=true

Then save the file and try to send the report once more and see if we get any different behavior?

Joe Berant
HP Support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Nop.

Still the same situation.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi There

Did you ever have this problem resolved?

Ciao

0 Likes
NitinThorat Contributor.
Contributor.

I am also facing this issue in our envirmment, do we have any solution on this ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.