Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Absent Member.. cbrahms Absent Member..
Absent Member..

templates.os config not reflected in remote connection commands

Jump to solution

When I attempt to monitor the list of processes running on a HP-UX box, It looks like SiteScope is stuck on using “/usr/bin/ps -ef “ to gather the HP-UX process list, but I actually need it to run "/usr/bin/ps -efx".  I have the remote connection OS type set to HP-UX.

The templates.os/HP-UX.config file says it should be invoking “/usr/bin/ps -efx”:

$ grep "ps -ef" HP*

HP64.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

HP64.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

HP.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

HP.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

HP-UX.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

HP-UX.config:command=/usr/bin/ps -efx

However, the command it runs is actually "/usr/bin/ps -ef".  

$ history -500 | grep 39476

39476   echo sitescope-command-begin; COLUMNS=500;export COLUMNS;/usr/bin/ps -ef; echo sitescope-command-end

Is there something obvious I'm missing?  This is SiteScope 11.24.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: templates.os config not reflected in remote connection commands

Jump to solution

I had restarted SiteScope after making the changes, and made sure all the processes were down. 

This time, however, I stopped SiteScope, and then killed all of the active and defunct processes owned by the SiteScope user, there were some stale SSH sessions... and now it's picking up the change.  Woo!

Thanks for the tips.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, Did you restart the service after making the change? This is needed.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I had restarted SiteScope after making the changes, and made sure all the processes were down. 

This time, however, I stopped SiteScope, and then killed all of the active and defunct processes owned by the SiteScope user, there were some stale SSH sessions... and now it's picking up the change.  Woo!

Thanks for the tips.

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Good tip. Cached SSH sessions.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.