Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

user permissions from SiteScope to BSM

Hello experts,

I would ask about user permissions from SiteScope to BSM.

In my current SiteScope, I have set group of monitors.

Then created group of users with permissions to access just specific group of monitors and not all of them.

So each group of users will see its specific monitor tree when accessing SiteScope.

Recently, I've integrated SiteScope to BSM with OMi module.

I want to keep the same logic that is done in SiteScope.

Basically, I want to know the following:

- Could we create group of users who see only events related to the monitors they could access in SiteScope?

- Could we have views like in BSM containing the same SiteScope monitor tree.

Regards,

Elmassimo

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Mauricio_M_SIS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: user permissions from SiteScope to BSM

Hello Elmassimo,

To answer your question, yes, you can achieve this, but you have to assign again all the required permissions manually in BSM, and you would need to recreate a new view, with the desired configuration.

Mauricio Fernandez | SW Support Engineer

SiteScope

Mail: mauricio.fernandez.villegas@hpe.com

If you find that this or any other post resolvers your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remeber to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. elmassimo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: user permissions from SiteScope to BSM

Thank you Mauricio,

Based on your reply, I understood you are suggesting to use RTSM views to restrict viewed events.

I mean I have to configure a specific view in RTSM.

A specific user will be granted permission to see only that view.

Then when he will open BSM event console, he will have only this specific view to choose and hence only events related its CIs.

Could you please confirm if I have understand you good?

Elmassimo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.