Adding and Editing Server Tags (Administrator)
Server Tags are global tags that are available for all projects across the StarTeam Agile server. A set of standard tags helps to ensure consistency across projects. Project administrators can still add project tags to meet the needs of their project. Only StarTeam Agile Administrators can add or edit Server Tags.
Note: Tags will not migrate with a story when it is moved to another project backlog via Info Streams.
- From either of the Backlog views, click the tag icon on the right side of the Backlog menu bar. The Tag management pane will open on the left side of the screen.
- To add a new tag, click the add tag icon at the top of the Tag management pane. A blank field will appear.
- Check the Server Tag box just under field where you would enter the name of the tag.
- Enter the tag in the blank field and click Save. The tag will appear in the list below.
- To create nested tags, select an existing tag then enter the sub-tag in the blank field and click Save. The child tag will appear below the parent tag. Only the child tag can be applied to a story.
- To tag a story, select the tag from the Tag management panel and drag it to the story. If you select a child tag, both the parent and the child will appear in the tag. For example, you will see Defect: Sev 2 when you drag the Sev 2 tag to a story.
- To remove a tag from a story, select the tag in the story line and click the x.
- To completely delete an existing tag, select the tag in the Tag management panel then click the trash icon.
Note: If you delete a tag, the tag will also be removed from stories previously tagged with it. Deleting a parent tag will also delete all child tags.