Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
tlwilson84 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Extractor Connection

I have been using the extractor for almost 8 months and had no issue connecting to StarTeam through it... until yesterday.  I can connect to Starteam using the client without any problem, but I cannot connect using Extractor.  I have tried connecting from a server and from a workstation.  The error I get is below:

Loaded JDBC driver, oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver dsn = jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:1521:stardm Connected to database, jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:1521:stardm Oracle server version 11.2.0.3.0 ERROR: Failed to connect to StarTeam server Server disconnected Database closed Database closed Finished on 04/29/2014 15:37:28 Exit code = 6
Summary Report:
  1. ERROR: Failed to connect to StarTeam server

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Extractor Connection

Hi

Exit code =6 means that this is a connection issue. Either the the server is down or/and database is down

However, you have confirmed that you can use the CPC so thus the server and DB is still running.

So, I would now look into a network break beween datamart and the server/DB

Can you reach these from the datamart machine, try a ping or tracert

Thanks David

0 Likes
Absent Member.

There are three connections required in the extractor (StarTeam Server, StarTeam Database, Datamart Database), we can connect to both databases - it is only the StarTeam server connection that fails.  As you pointed out, we did test the username/password using the CDC and were able to connect.  Do you know through what means the Extractor communicates with the StarTeam Server?  We believe that a GPO was pushed which blocks communications, but without knowing what controls those communications we can't request an exception to the GPO.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

P.S.  We used Network Monitor to see where the communication was failing... the machines we are trying to run Extractor from don't even attempt to connect to the server - indicating that something has been disabled.  If we knew what part of the program communicates with the StarTeam Server we may be able to figure out how to get it running again.  (BTW - the Extractor had been running for the last 8 months without issue).

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tracy

The StarTeam server tab will use the StarTeam SDK libraries to connect to the Server

The STDB and DMDB will use the SQL JDBC drivers to connect to the backend.

So I would imagine that a policy has been set that stops the com libraries from firing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.